Last Modified: December 11, 2018
(our “Website”) and the Scanwell mobile application (our “Application”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website and Application;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website and Application;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Scanwell or any third-party;
- the physician or healthcare provider that we contract with to review your test results;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Application.
Scanwell contracts with Scanwell Medical Group, P.A. and its affiliated entities, including Scanwell Medical Group (collectively defined as “Scanwell Medical Group”), an independent, physician-owned medical group with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”) who provide clinical telehealth services. Scanwell Medical Group is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, you are not authorized to access or use our Website or our Application, and you must promptly exit our Website and uninstall our Application.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Application are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Website or Application. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website or in our Applications or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, driver’s license number, date of birth, credit card number (for payment purposes only), your medical history, and your test results when you use one of our diagnostic test kits (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Application, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or through our Application; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or use our Application and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us or use one of our diagnostic kits;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through our Application are:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Application, purchasing diagnostic test kits through our Website, using our physician consultation services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Application;
- information provided from our diagnostic test kits;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through the Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or Application.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website or Application, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Application or diagnostic test kit, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or in the Application; and
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and Application version information.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- verify your location to ensure we can provide you with our services;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and our Application according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Website and our Application.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, screens of our Application, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Scanwell, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, used those screens, or opened an email and for other related Website and Application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website or Application content and verifying system and server integrity).
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and their contents to you;
- to present our Application and your diagnostic test results to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website, our Application, or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and ordering, marketing, and payment processing services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Scanwell Health, Inc. about our Website and Application users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information and your diagnostic test results to a Provider;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scanwell, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information as strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Scanwell. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Scanwell to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Scanwell as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. Our Website and Application use Facebook ad network and Google Adwords to provide you with advertising based on your use of our Website and our Application. You can learn how to opt-out of such use by Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ and by Google at https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads . You can also learn more about targeted advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info). We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
7. Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Application and visiting your account profile screen. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
9. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website or on or through our Application. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, in your operating system, or in the Application.
11. Contact Information
Scanwell Health, Inc.
800 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90017